As we shake off that cold long winter, I know everyone is looking forward to warmer weather, weather that inspires us to play ukulele. Next week is again time for our twice-monthly ukulele jam, on Wednesday May 7, 7:00pm at the Royal Tavern. We'll meet in the front of the bar where there's more room.
For our workshop at 7:00pm, I'll bring a couple of 3-chord songs in a variety of different keys. At our open jam at 8:00pm, feel free to bring your favorite songs. It's your chance to solo your own songs or lead the group. I'll bring some songs we've done before as well as some new songs, packaged as one PDF.
- Daniel by Elton John, 1973 (play along video)
- For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield, 1967 (play along video)
- Lookin' Out My Back Door by Creedence Clearwater Revival, 1970 (video)
- On The Wings Of A Nightingale written by Paul McCartney, recorded by the Everly Brothers, 1984 (video)
- One Paddle, Two Paddle written by Kui Lee, 1966 (video)
- Stuck In The Middle With You by Stealers Wheel, 1972 (play along video)
As usual, we jam in the Royal Tavern, 344 Princess Street. Parking is normally available on Princess Street. Or park in the lot at the back of the Royal, off Brock Street, just past the fire hall. Be sure to show your appreciation to the Royal by visiting the bar and purchasing a beverage or two. Don't forget that they also offer soft drinks, in addition to their assortment of beers and other alcoholic drinks.