The election is over, and we can all breathe again! Now that that's over, we can think about our next ukulele jam, on Wednesday, June 18, at the Royal Tavern, in a historic building once owned by Canada's first prime minister, Sir John A. Macdonald. We'll start at 7:00pm with a beginners' workshop, followed by the usual open jam at 8:00pm. (I'll update you on the July 2 workshop later.)
For the open jam, you will have the opportunity to solo a song or two, or lead the group in a song, or just sit back and strum along with everyone else. Feel free to bring copies of your favorite songs. Here are some that I've arranged. For your convenience, you can download them as one PDF.
- At The Hop, Danny & the Juniors, 1957 (video)
- Come Together, the Beatles, 1969 (play along video)
- Coming Into Los Angeles, Arlo Guthrie, 1969 (play along video)
- I Can See Clearly Now, Johnny Nash, 1972 (play along video)
- If Not For You, Bob Dylan, as recorded by George Harrison, 1971 (play along video)
- Safe European Home, the Clash, 1978. (video)